0% Interest For 4 Months On Orders Of £99 Or More
Simply select the PayPal Credit option when you check out to take advantage of these offers.
Mansons Guitar Shop Limited, McCoys Arcade, Fore Street, Exeter, Devon, EX4 3AN. Mansons Guitar Shop Limited acts as a broker and offers credit from PayPal (Europe) S.à.r.l. et Cie, S.C.A., 22-24 Boulevard Royal L-2449, Luxembourg.
All applicants for PayPal Credit must meet the following criteria before attempting an application. Before you apply, please make sure you:
- Are a UK resident aged 18 years or older
- Have a good credit history
- Are not currently declared bankrupt
- Have an income greater than £7,500 per year
Cost of PayPal Credit outside of promotional offers:
Representative 19.9% APR (Variable)
Purchase rate 19.9% p.a (variable)
£1200 assumed credit limit.
Please note that above are estimations only. Please check the finance agreement for final payment information.
To apply for finance, you must be 18 years or older, in regular employment, be able to make regular payments by Direct Debit and have been a UK resident for over 3 years. Other conditions may apply and we cannot guarantee that your application will be accepted.
Your order will de delivered to the home address in the finance agreement, regardless of the delivery address selected in the checkout.
If you are successful in your application, you shall be asked to verify your identity by authorising a 50p transaction against your credit or debit card. This helps to protect against fraudulent contracts. Don’t worry - no money will be taken from your card this is only used to check they are valid and registered to your address.
Finance is provided through our partner, V12. If your application is successful you'll enter into a credit agreement with Secure Trust Bank Plc trading as V12 Finance.
Box Ltd is registered in England and Wales 3224094. Registered office: First Avenue, Minworth, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands, B76 1BA. Box Limited acts as a credit broker and offers credit products from Secure Trust Bank PLC trading as V12 Retail Finance. Box Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Our registration number is OFT 626739. Credit provided subject to age and status.
Free UK mainland delivery
on all orders £150 and above
All Guitars are setup
by our top luthiers
Real time stock levels
order in confidence
Strymon Sunset Dual Overdrive Pedal
Sunset gives you the best of the best classic overdrive circuits, custom voiced for instantly gratifying control over a huge range of sought-after tones. We studied six circuit types found in many truly timeless and iconic overdrive and boost pedals, and put our takes on all six of them into a single two-channel unit.
Two pedals at once.
Sunset is really two customizable overdrive pedals, independently selectable and flexibly routable, designed and voiced for complementary tones when stacked. Six distinct circuits each feel and react differently in your hands, two at once, all in one convenient package. Push your amp any way you want, from transparent more amp to heavy saturated fuzz, and all the best places in between.
Holy Grail tone, minus the quest.
We are all familiar with the endless search for the ultimate overdrive pedal and the perfect tone. We did the critical listening and custom voicing to design each side of Sunset with just one tone knob, so you can quickly dial in the sound you want. The knob ranges for each circuit type are custom calibrated to provide maximal usable control. We applied the same design philosophy and care to the stacking options, ensuring each combination interacts optimally and sounds great, so a huge range of classic overdrive tones are instantly achievable.
Six classic circuits.
Sunset utilizes an all-analog JFET gain stage coupled with custom-voiced, precision-crafted DSP algorithms to capture the nuances and character of each circuit type:
- Channel A Overdrive Circuits: The GE overdrive combines the softer response of germanium diodes with a parallel path that blends in the dry signal as the Drive is lowered. At higher gains the lower-midrange frequencies are emphasized to create a tight, thick response. This overdrive really fattens up single coil pickups, and responds with a bold push when paired with humbuckers. The Texas overdrive employs a single stage soft-clipper configuration that is filtered before and after the gain stage to create a smooth and dynamic overdrive. The original signal dynamics are retained as the gain is increased perfect for playing the blues or just fattening up your sound with a signature midrange bump. The Treble type is a treble booster that removes the low frequencies as the Tone knob is turned up great for tightening up an overdriven amp, or driving another gain pedal thats a bit looser on the low end. Turning the Tone knob down brings in the low end, making for a versatile all-around boost.
- Channel B Overdrive Circuits: The 2stage overdrive combines a soft-clipping stage followed by a hard-clipping stage, creating a complex overdrive with a wide range of gain. Its EQ structure preserves the low end while adding some muscle to push your amp. This overdrive can easily take you from lightly clipped to beefy saturation. The Hard overdrive uses a single-stage hard-clipping circuit that has a ton of available gain, approaching fuzz territory with the Drive knob maxed. At lower gains, mildly clipped transparent tones are achieved with this versatile drive. The wide-ranging Tone knob lets you shape the top end from smooth to buzzy. The JFET type is a clean boost that subtly beefs up your signal with the dynamics and responsiveness created from the JFET front end. As you turn up the drive, the signal gets rounded and warmer. This is a great option when your amp just needs a little extra.
Since the time when overdrives were created to simply push an amp in order to achieve an overdriven sound even at sane volume levels, players have evolved to want more layered, multistage tonalities. Stacking gives you more flexibility and tone range on the floor. You can find an overdrive that sounds good on its own, then run it through a second drive to add new dimensions to your tone. Sunset allows you to use any of its six overdrive circuits on their own, or route the Channel A drive circuit through Channel B, or Channel B through Channel A, or use two circuits in parallel. Routing options have been chosen deliberately to present the best-sounding combinations of drive circuits. Sunset eliminates the guesswork.
- Six drive circuit topologies with custom tuned voicing for each drive type
- Precision crafted drive circuits stackable in multiple combinations for a wide variety of complex, responsive tones.
- Analog class A JFET input gain stage maximizes headroom while adding up to 20dB of pure analog gain
- Drive and Tone control ranges optimized for each circuit topology
- Series, reverse series, and parallel drive circuit stacking via Config switch
- Bright switch to tailor the sound for use with all amplifiers from dark to bright
Optional variable-threshold noise reduction for taming noisy guitar pickups
- High impedance mono input
- Mono output
- Favorite Input to connect an external MiniSwitch to recall a Favorite preset
- Expression pedal input allows the connection an expression pedal for simultaneous morphing control over multiple parameters (Expression mode), or logarithmic taper for smooth volume control (Volume mode)
- Ultra low noise, high performance 24-bit 96kHz A/D and D/A converters provide uncompromising audio quality
- Premium analog front end and output section
- Super high performance SHARC DSP in a compact form factor
- 32-bit floating point processing
- True Bypass (electromechanical relay switching) or selectable transparent Analog Buffered Bypass
- Strong and lightweight anodized red aluminum chassis
- 9V DC power supply included
- Power requirements: maximum 9 volts DC center-negative, with a minimum of 250mA of current
- Dimensions: 11.4 cm deep x 10.2 cm wide x 4.4 cm tall
- Designed and built in the USA
|Fx Power Supply||PSU 9V DC, centre -, 250mA|
|Fx Connectors||1x 1/4″ jack Input, 1x 1/4″ jack Output, Expression In, DC In|